vent.....purge.....repeat.

ThisgringospeakstoomuchbutwillburstifIholdbackthefeelingssoIrambleafterthispreamble.

If you are not me as you are reading this page, then I say "How the hell did you get here?"

Nov 10, 2009

Tuneage alert...checkout WABC77 Channel on You Tube

I have had a lot of fun listening and watching the You Tube channel of WABC77 tonight and I highly recommend it.


http://www.youtube.com/user/WABCRADIO77

While we are all familiar with seeing videos online of a person placing a 45 on a turntable and playing the record, this guy has a nice collection of relatively clean sleeves and singles and he (usually) takes the time to show you the catalog number and the credits prior to playing the disc. There is just enough lead in groove static and noise crackle before we enjoy the audio experience of vinyl.

Tonight I heard I Want To Hold Your Hand, Rare Earth - Get Ready, Tom Jones - She's a Lady, The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions, Creedence - Sweet Hitchhiker, The Sutherland Bros. and Quiver - You Got Me Anyway, The Animals - Don't Bring Me Down, The Beatles - You Can't Do That, and I laughed till I cried when I "played" The Electric Indian - Keem-O-Sabe - 45 RPM - ORIGINAL HOT MONO MIX.

I guess it is the loving presentation of each 45 which nicely sets up the satisfaction of hearing the song on this channel.

As I say goodnight, here is a track from RAM.

Paul and Linda McCartney - Too Many People MONO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dY7vZlhrbY


As the saying goes - Rock on dudes and dudettes...

April 19, 2010
You Tube suspended the account for WABC77 so these links are g-a-w-n ....GONE.

April 1, 2011
It looks like WABC is back on You Tube so I corrected the links to work again.

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Copy and paste this link http://www.youtube.com/user/RandiniDeAitkenese into your browser to view my favorite pop culture videos posted by other people, or access my complete profile and then click the audio clip link to view my YT Channel.